- Please Note: Do not let the current COVID-19 crisis dissuade you from joining the club! The club is holding virtual club meetings and applications and dues for membership can be done virtually. If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact the board @t w4va.org (replace the “@t ” with “@”) and someone will get back to you.
If you are interested in amateur radio communications, enjoy working with electronics or computers, would like to learn more about emergency or public service communications, or are just looking for a new and interesting hobby, we invite you to join our club!
You don’t have to be a licensed amateur to join the club, there is no age requirement, and you’re welcome no matter where you live – Fauquier County, Virginia or Brisbane, Australia!
As a member of the Fauquier Amateur Radio Association you will be part of a group of friendly people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personal interests who all share a common interest in the Amateur Radio hobby. Besides the comradery you will build with the other club members you will have the opportunity to both learn from seasoned Hams and learn along with new Hams! The club website contains loads of general and technical information available specifically to members, and you will be able to subscribe to interesting and educational email groups. And of course, although the club repeaters are available to the general public, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to support those repeaters for all to use.
The first step is to download the Fillable Membership Form. You can fill it out with Adobe Acrobat or fill it out by hand.
The next step is to submit the form. You can email it to board @t w4va.org, or mail it to the address at the bottom.
- All applications are approved at the next club meeting. Meeting information can be found on the upper right hand side of this website under “Upcoming Events”. Please attend so we can welcome you!
- If for whatever reason you cannot attend please contact the Board and the appropriate person will contact you to get your information from you and then someone will present you to the club.
After membership approval you can pay your dues.
- Dues are currently only $30 annually for a Single membership and $40 annually for a Family membership.
- If you would like to pay via PayPal you will be provided a link to our password protected New Member Dues page along with the password. You may submit a check with your application, but you still need membership approval before you are a Member.
- If you have any questions, just email them to the Board of Directors.
Mailing address for your application and payment to:
PO Box 752
Warrenton, VA 20188